Monday, July 30, 2012

Hearty Lettuce Wraps


I love P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps.  The problem I have with them, though, is that I can almost eat them all day long and still be hungry.  I think I've come closer to solving the problem with the way I made them tonight. The original recipe I was using can be found here:  http://fatgirl.areavoices.com/2012/03/04/like-p-f-changs-lettuce-wraps-try-these/

The changes I made were as follows:  I used about a cup of chopped almonds instead of the chestnuts (mostly because I was too lazy to go down in the basement to hunt for them), and I added some cooked rice, probably about 1 1/2 cups.  I also skipped the onions (didn't have any), and I used iceberg lettuce.  I never buy iceberg lettuce, since I think the darker kinds must be healthier, but my son needed that kind for a scout campout, and then went off and forgot about it. Everything else I did the same, and they were fabulous.  Yet another complaint-free meal!  Woot! 

2 comments:

  1. For some, a meal without meat doesn’t seem like a meal at all.
    healthcare consulting

    ReplyDelete
  2. And for some of us, it's no problem. Might just have to do with what you're used to. :)

    ReplyDelete